We had a meeting with our project supervisor Dr.Chandana Gamage today from 1.15pm to 2.30pm.
We were unable to have a meeting with our project supervisor and advisor Dr. Chandana Gamage for the last couple of weeks due to some mid semester exams and the little load of assignments we had. So at today’s meeting we had to discuss the progress of our project, which is now almost in its final stage and the following matters in details.
- Project Progress – We detailed out the individual progress of eac components of the project whic heach of us are working and our project supervisor was satisfied with the worked done and encouraged us to complete the things at our best we can.
- Public IP and Server for testing – We are in need of a testing server to deploy our webservice so that we could test it from different places. So we requested a public IP access for our project and Dr. Gamage was so much of helpful in getting that to us, and he sorted that our with relavent persons who were incharge of this and got things done within 15 minutes while we were at his room.
- Smart Card Development – As Ramanan had received his smart card kit we took that to the meeting to show to our supervisor. We are hopeful the work related to this could be finished as soon as possible.
- Project Demo – The next important thing discussed at this meeting was about the Final Project Demo which needs to be done on the 29th of january or in March after our exams. We decided that we will be doing the demo after our exams as we have to compelte the
- Project Report – We were asked to use more reallife examples in the report to explain things and use the same at the presentations too. Ramanan is working on cordinating this. We will have to complete the first draft for review by our supervisor by next Monday or Tuesday. We also talked about refering to the past year project reports.
- Research Papers – We discussed about the flow and content of the main research paper of the project, and I’ll post another update seperately on that soon. Also we will have to work on another couple of research papers if possible.
- Other Competitions – We also discussed about different venues where we can present our project and publish our research papers. We had a detailed discussion on that and I’ll post another seperate update on that later.
Our project is almost in it final stage, we have almost everything under control to complete it in a better were in time. I’ll keep posted about the progress of the later stage of the project in the days to come.