We are glad to tell that our paper titled “Privacy Enhanced Data Management for an Electronic Identity System”, published at CITISIA 2009,Malaysia is now indexed on IEEE Xplore database. If you have the IEEE membership, you can access that research paper in PDF here.
- Nimalaprakasan, S. Ramanan, S. Malalasena, B.A. Shayanthan, K. Gamage, C. Fernando, M.S.D.
- Dept. of Comput. Sci. & Eng., Univ. of Moratuwa, Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- This paper appears in: Innovative Technologies in Intelligent Systems and Industrial Applications, 2009. CITISIA 2009
- Publication Date: 25-26 July 2009
- On page(s): 358 – 363
- Location: Monash
- ISBN: 978-1-4244-2886-1
- Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/CITISIA.2009.5224184
- Current Version Published: 2009-08-28
We would like to thank Dr. Chandana Gamage and Mr. Shantha Fernando, our project supervisors, for their support. We also would like to extend our gratitude to Dr. Arosha Senanayaka and the IEEE Student Branch of Monash Sunway Campus, Malaysia, for organizing CITISIA 2009 and forgiving the opportunity for publishing this paper.
We are glad to inform that we have successfully completed our presentation of the paper titled “Privacy Enhanced Data Management for an Electronic Identity System” at the CITISIA 2009, held at Monash University Sunway Campus, Malaysia.
Also we participated at a project exhibition at the same venue, where we were able to present “Project eID” to a wide range of participants at the conference. Our project idea was well received by many academics and students.
We will post more updates on this with photos (and if possible videos) in the coming weeks.
We have been working on Project eID for more than an year by now. Though we have completed our main project goals, that were targeted as for our final year project we are still continuing to work on couple of research areas related to our project and we will be publishing the outcomes in the near future.
Our research paper titled “Privacy Enhanced Data Management for an Electronic Identity System” that was submitted for the Conference on Innovative Technologies in Intelligent Systems & Industrial Applications (Citisia), Monash University Sunway Campus, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, was accepted and we will be presenting the paper at the conference in July.
More detail about this paper and other research we are involved will be updated on Project eID Codex. We are currently working on two more papers, that are also related to project eID and we will be posting more updates on those as well.
[Work done from 12th January to 25th January 2009]
During first week of this two week period I was working with the integration of JCOP 41 Java Card and eID Browser Extension together with the eID Desktop Application. Before loading applets to the Java Card it was required to complete all the testing in order to aviod harm to the Cards due to malicious code execution. I was also setting up the JCOP tool environment to start the Card burning and further testing.
We also completed our draft report and had two meetings with our supervisor Dr.Chandana Gamage and discussed about the final project report and reasearch paper related issues. We got valuable feedbacks regarding some report chapters,also he gave his support to formulate some topics more professional.
Then in the meantime we were working in full force to complete those required documentations.
During this time period I was mainly working on our main research paper with the contribution of other team members. I also contributed to the final project report. As both of these were due submission on the 25th we mainly working on these two most of the time. We had two meetings with our supervisor Dr.Chandana Gamage and discussed about the final project report and research paper. These meeting were very helpful in shaping up our research paper.
We were also preparing application for couple of international competitions for which we are planning to participate, and we started initial informal communication with some of the organizers to discuss regarding application procedures and other related details.
During this two week period I mainly contributed to our Final Report with other team members. And we had two meetings with our our supervisor Dr.Chandana Gamage and discussed about the final project report and research paper. These meeting were very helpful in shaping up our research paper and the final report.
During last two weeks time period I was mainly participating with research papers and final project report writing works. Because of both reports submissions due on 25th January we were strictly contributing research papers and final project report writing. Also we had two meetings with our project supervisor Dr.Chandana Gamage and discussed about the final project report and research paper. Those meeting were adding more values to our Research papers and final project report.
Also last within week I did several modifications to eID authentication web service. They were about keeping logs about web service access, develop and integrate policy constrain analyzing module to the eID web service and also I did new modification to policy parsing module, which is making the eID system more dynamic and more scalable.
We had a meeting with our project supervisor Dr.Chandana Gamage today from 1.15pm to 2.30pm.
We were unable to have a meeting with our project supervisor and advisor Dr. Chandana Gamage for the last couple of weeks due to some mid semester exams and the little load of assignments we had. So at today’s meeting we had to discuss the progress of our project, which is now almost in its final stage and the following matters in details.
- Project Progress – We detailed out the individual progress of eac components of the project whic heach of us are working and our project supervisor was satisfied with the worked done and encouraged us to complete the things at our best we can.
- Public IP and Server for testing – We are in need of a testing server to deploy our webservice so that we could test it from different places. So we requested a public IP access for our project and Dr. Gamage was so much of helpful in getting that to us, and he sorted that our with relavent persons who were incharge of this and got things done within 15 minutes while we were at his room.
- Smart Card Development – As Ramanan had received his smart card kit we took that to the meeting to show to our supervisor. We are hopeful the work related to this could be finished as soon as possible.
- Project Demo – The next important thing discussed at this meeting was about the Final Project Demo which needs to be done on the 29th of january or in March after our exams. We decided that we will be doing the demo after our exams as we have to compelte the
- Project Report – We were asked to use more reallife examples in the report to explain things and use the same at the presentations too. Ramanan is working on cordinating this. We will have to complete the first draft for review by our supervisor by next Monday or Tuesday. We also talked about refering to the past year project reports.
- Research Papers – We discussed about the flow and content of the main research paper of the project, and I’ll post another update seperately on that soon. Also we will have to work on another couple of research papers if possible.
- Other Competitions – We also discussed about different venues where we can present our project and publish our research papers. We had a detailed discussion on that and I’ll post another seperate update on that later.
Our project is almost in it final stage, we have almost everything under control to complete it in a better were in time. I’ll keep posted about the progress of the later stage of the project in the days to come.