I had two submissions deadlines, one presentation and some more not so interesting but have to do tasks this month. Almost everything went well, but whats most interesting to me is I managed to watch 25 movies (plus another few) in November. I don’t think it was a waste of time, rather I feel this kept me going. So here goes the list.
- Gandhi (1982) English (9.5/10)
- Eclipse (2010) English (6/10)
For a non Twilight fan, it’s just another fairly interesting movie.
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) Hindi (5.5/10)
Fairly interesting, but irritating too.
- De Dana Dan (2009) Hindi (6/10)
Comedy overdose, but enjoyable.
- Wanted (2009) Hindi (6.5/10)
A remake (of Pokiri or Pokkiri), made right.
- Dabangg (2010) Hindi (7.5/10)
Is it a serious spoof film? Enjoyed…! Feels like a Tamil/Telugu masala made in Hindi.
- My Name Is Khan (2010) Hindi (8.5/10)
One of the strong films I have seen recently. Handles a very sensitive issue very well. Though the end might be little too dramatic, it’s indeed a wonderful movie as a whole.
- Udaan (2010) Hindi (9/10)
This is not a normal Bollywood flick. An intense story narrated interestingly. A must watch.
- Love Aaj Kal (2009) Hindi (7/10)
Love now and then. A pure love story.
- HouseFull (2010) Hindi (6.5/10)
It is a remake of the Tami flick Kaathala Kaathala. The same story with a slightly different screenplay and some variations in some characters. It’s a good remake.
- Wake Up Sid (2009) Hindi (6.5/10)
An interesting entertainer.
- Pyaar Impossible (2010) Hindi (5.5/10)
Just barely interesting or entertaining. Rather an expensive mistake.
- Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006) Hindi (7/10)
Good emotional musical drama.
- Chance Pe Dance (2010) Hindi (7/10)
Good one, enjoyed.
- Milenge Milenge (2010) Hindi (5/10)
Couldn’t sit through without excessive scrubbing. Reminded me of some old Tamil film.
- Varudu (2010) Telugu (4.5/10)
Boring dialog filled stage drama of 60’s presented with some sloppy CG.
- Leader (2010) Telugu (7.5/10)
An interesting Telugu film by Sekhar Kammula. It’s a lot like a Shankar film in the lines of Mudhalvan and Sivaji, yet nice.
- Maska (2009) Telugu (6/10)
- Rama Rama Krishna Krishna (2010) Telugu (7/10)
Same old story, but not a bad presentation. Just another time-pass entertainer.
- Parugu (2008) Telugu (7/10)
Simple storyline and a little dragging screenplay. Director Baskar deals with the same farther sentiment as in Bommelillu, but this time father-daughter. Comparatively less interesting, yet watched till the end.
- Darling (2010) Telugu (6/10)
Just the second half is enough for the movie.
- Inkosari (2010) Telugu (5.5/10)
A simple but good story spoiled with a bad screenplay and an even worse making.
- Ritu (2009) Malayalam (8/10)
A movie on love, hatred, betrayal and intense emotions.
- Bale Pandiya (2010) Tamil (7/10)
A Good Laugh.
- Inidhu Inidhu (2010) Tamil (7.5/10)
Brings the same feel as Telugu ‘Happy Days‘.